Federal Government Announces Arts Sector Recovery Package
The federal government have finally announced their package for arts sector recovery in the wake of COVID-19.
This package will include:
- $75 million: Seed Investment to Reactivate Productions and Tours – competitive grant funding in 2020-21 to provide capital to help production and event businesses to put on new festivals, concerts, tours and events. Grants will range from $75,000 through to $2 million
- $35 million: Supporting Sustainability of Sector-Significant Organisations – to provide direct support to Commonwealth-funded arts and culture organisations facing threats to financial viability
- $90 million: Show Starter Loans – concessional loans to assist businesses to fund new productions and events that stimulate job creation and economic activity. To be delivered through commercial banks, backed by a 100 per cent Commonwealth guarantee
- $50 million: Kick-starting Local Screen Production– a Temporary Interruption Fund to support local film and television producers secure finance and start production
- Establishment of a Creative Economy Taskforce – a ministerial taskforce to partner with the Government and the Australia Council to implement the JobMaker plan for the creative economy.
The work of all peak performing arts organisations must be recognised for their advocacy work to date, including AMPAG, TNA, SSI, Blakdance, Ausdance, and Regional Arts Australia, but in particular Live Performance Australia who led the development of the package.
Read the full media release here.