2020 PERFORMING ARTS CENTRE OF THE YEAR
Voting closed Friday 3rd July 2020. Check back soon for more updates.
The Drover Award for Performing Arts Centre of the Year recognises the achievements of an outstanding presenting organisation and will be awarded to the presenter who works with the producer to provide consistently outstanding production, marketing and management services. In addition, this presenter will have achieved exceptional success in audience development and community engagement.
Who can nominate?
Any producer who has toured to a minimum five PAC Australia presenters during the period 1 May 2019 to 30 April 2020 is entitled to lodge one nomination (only).
Who is eligible?
Any PAC Australia venue member is eligible to be nominated (the list of eligible organisations is provided within the nomination form).
No producing organisation who also manages, owns or is resident at an eligible Performing Arts Centre may cast a vote for that organisation.
Award Reference Criteria
The Performing Arts Centre:
- Provides excellent technical service and support: a well-maintained and equipped venue, professional staff.
- Provides excellent customer service: meets and greets the production company and is courteous and helpful.
- Undertakes regular and open communication with the producer and tour coordinator prior to, during and after the tour.
- Provides excellent administrative support: Signs and returns all documents (MOU’s, technical specifications, marketing requirements, contracts) prior to the production in a timely manner.
- Completes and returns all post-production and acquittal information in a timely manner.
- Provides excellent marketing support: A consistently high standard of promotion for shows in an effective and timely manner.
- Sets an exceptional standard in regard to audience development and community engagement: This may be reflected by the audience numbers, diversity of audience (e.g. age, gender, ethnicity, socio-economic status) or by the depth of engagement in a particular community sector.
- Undertakes activities that develop audiences (both numbers of and cultural development of).
- Provides a program of events that is artform balanced in accordance with community needs.