This project will address the challenge to effectively target regional arts funding to programs and activities that build capacity and have lasting impact for end-users. It delivers a framework for evaluating the arts, to argue for the arts to be included in a broader understanding of community and national well being and success. The research field sites have been chosen in consultation with our partners as communities whose capacity and challenges are reflected throughout much of regional Australia.
The ARC Linkage Project will deliver the following outcomes:
- New high-impact arts consultation, delivery & evaluation frameworks for regional and remote communities.
- Delivering value to industry and sector by improving impact of existing investments and promoting strategic use of limited funding to improve outcomes for regional and rural Australia.
- Authentic research outcomes for advocacy to government and policy-makers for evidence-based change in government policy and investment in regional Australia.
- Building capacity for digital innovation in regional Australia through pilots of trans disciplinary ideation in digital R&D
- National and international partnerships with leading agencies and individual in digital innovation and regional arts
- A series of online tools for community consultation and evaluation openly available for all organisations that regularly work in regional arts;
- A digital evaluation framework that reflects the rapidly changing funding environment for the creative arts; and
- A national symposium to disseminate the findings of the research to key industry organisations.
PAC Australia will commit the following support to this exciting project:
- High level expert staff time across the three-year project including participation on the Advisory Committee as one of the Linkage partners
- Hosting support for Advisory Committee meetings in Canberra.
- Supporting the dissemination of findings and issuing invitations
Queensland University of Technology (Associate Professor Sandra Gattenhof; Dr Donna Hancox; Professor Helen Klaebe)
- Red Ridge (Interior Queensland) Limited;
- Department Of Communications And The Arts;
- Burnie City Council;
- Regional Australia Institute Ltd;
- PAC Australia (Formerly Australian Performing Arts Centres Association Incorporated);
- Central Western Queensland Remote Area Planning And Development Board